Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) aims to contribute to securing a safe society by reducing the incidence of
death, injury and damage to property from fire and other emergencies.
Royal Berkshire Fire Authority
1. Fire Authority and Committee Meetings
Use the following links to download the latest information
Dates of forthcoming Fire Authority meetings
Future meetings schedule...
Wednesday 12 March 2014 (Extraordinary Meeting)
at 6.00pm SCC, Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Headquarters, 103 Dee Road, Tilehurst, Reading, RG30 4FS
Wednesday 23 April 2014
at 6.30pm Council Chamber, Wokingham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Shute End, Wokingham, RG40 1BN
Wednesday 25 June 2014 (Annual Meeting)
at 6.30pm Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Desborough Hall, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF
2. Membership / Appointments /
Register of Interests
Use the following links to download the latest Committee Membership documents (including Membership of Committees /
Appointments to Outside Bodies / Champions / Members’ Details / Register of Interests / Terms of Reference).
Strategic Commitments approved by the Fire Authority [published 10.12.2008]
- Minimise loss of life, injury and damage from fire, road traffic collisions and other hazards.
- Improve public and business safety and reduce risk, through targeted education and enforcement of fire safety legislation.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and efficiencies, ensuring consultation and partnership working.
- Be an employer of choice, offering equality of opportunity and development to all.
- Provide resilient emergency response through risk management and planning.
- Conduct activities in an environmentally sustainable way.
4. Member Development Charter
Welcome to the Member development site.
Welcome to the Member Development Site. Members' contribution to the work of the Fire Authority and the
Fire and Rescue Service is important to ensure that the communities of Berkshire are safe.
The Fire Authority recognises the importance of supporting Members to continually develop their knowledge and
skills, and is seeking to achieve the South East Employers Charter for Member Development as part of this
commitment. Achieving this standard will support the way that Members identify, plan and achieve their
The following information will assist you through the Member Development Programme.
[Click here to access it
Use these links to find out more.