Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) aims to contribute to securing a safe society by reducing the incidence of
death, injury and damage to property from fire and other emergencies.
Royal Berkshire Fire Authority
1. Fire Authority and Committee Meetings
Use the following links to download the latest information
Dates of forthcoming Fire Authority meetings
Future meetings schedule...
Wednesday 30 September 2015
at 6.30pm Brigade Headquarters, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading, Berkshire RG31 7SD
Wednesday 16 December 2015
at 7.30pm Brigade Headquarters, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading, Berkshire RG31 7SD
2. Membership / Appointments /
Register of Interests
Use the following links to download the latest Committee Membership documents (including Membership of Committees /
Appointments to Outside Bodies / Champions / Members’ Details / Register of Interests / Terms of Reference).
Strategic Commitments approved by the Fire Authority 
- We will educate people on how to prevent fires and other emergencies, and what to do when they happen
- We will ensure a swift and effective response when called to emergencies
- We will ensure appropriate fire safety standards in buildings
- We will seek opportunities to contribute to a broader safety, health and wellbeing agenda
- We will ensure that Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service provides good value for money
- We will work with Central Government to ensure a fair deal for Royal Berkshire
4. Member Development Charter
Welcome to the Member development site.
Welcome to the Member Development Site. Members' contribution to the work of the Fire Authority and the
Fire and Rescue Service is important to ensure that the communities of Berkshire are safe.
The Fire Authority recognises the importance of supporting Members to continually develop their knowledge and
skills, and is seeking to achieve the South East Employers Charter for Member Development as part of this
commitment. Achieving this standard will support the way that Members identify, plan and achieve their
The following information will assist you through the Member Development Programme.
[Click here to access it
Use these links to find out more.