An excellent opportunity has arisen within Royal Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service for a Business Support Apprentice to join the team. Candidates will be keen to learn, enjoy working in a team and have the ability to work effectively under their own initiative. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience along with a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration.
The key focus of this role is:
- ·To take responsibility for specified areas of administrative business support and develop and maintain an understanding of those areas
- ·Undertake systems based work through data entry, data interrogation and data assurance
- ·Liaising with service users e.g. managers, suppliers, external customers and visitors
- ·Supporting the organisation and successful delivery of specific events and visits
- ·Document management including maintenance of filing systems
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and orally with a range of people including senior managers, general public and outside agencies.
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- The ability to multitask and have good time management
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft word and outlook express
If you are interested in applying for this position click Apply Now
Please view our privacy notice via the link below:
Applicant Privacy Statement
For further details about the role please contact Noosha Churchill, Business Support Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion.
If you would like to see a role profile, please email HR@rbfrs.co.uk.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 26 April
It is anticipated that the assessment process will run week commencing 6 May
Anticipated start date: To be confirmed
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all members of our communities and are particularly encouraging those from under-represented groups. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment