Salary: £26,317 - £30,507 per annum
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Excellent annual leave allowance of 27 days and Flexible Working Hours
Onsite Gym Facilities
Do you enjoy your job?
If not, come and find out about an exciting opportunity that has arisen to work within the Property Capital Projects team. The postholder will become part of a dynamic team delivering Fire Stations for the future as part of the Property Capital Programme as outlined in the Royal Berkshire Fire Authority Strategic Asset Investment Framework.
We are looking for someone with curiosity, a can-do attitude, organisation skills, a talent for problem-solving, a willingness to ‘own’ solutions and the ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels of the organisation. No previous project management experience is required, as training will be provided, but the ability to demonstrate the personal skills detailed above will be more important and will be the foundation of this role.
The key focus of this role is:
- Undertake logistical planning for and assist with project management of capital build projects.
- Learning to compile Specification of Requirements documents, which underpin the design development process.
- Liaising with professional property services teams appointed to deliver the capital programme and ensuring good communications and effective engagement is maintained with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Arranging stakeholder engagement days, liaising with the Communications and Engagement Team over progression of projects, ensuring information flow across the Service and to Fire Authority Members.
- Arranging and attending project meetings, taking accurate notes and circulating information. This may involve travelling within the Service area, as required, liaising with contractors and assisting with contract management.
- Work with the interior design team and Service staff to develop station profiles, colour schemes, space planning and process mapping, ordering furniture samples and making recommendations for shortlisting.
- Assist in the management of capital budgets through the provision of purchase orders and invoice management.
- Assist with all project management paperwork - preparation and ongoing maintenance of project risk registers, PID’s, highlight reports from contractors etc.
Key role requirements:
- The ability to multi-task and think on your feet to assist in the delivery of complex projects within tight timescales.
- A good eye for detail and an emphasis on precision and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential due to the high engagement aspect of this role.
- Reliable, resilient and self-motivated with the ability to maintain confidentiality due to commercial sensitivities.
Qualifications required are:
Interest in attaining a property based qualification or project management qualification or evidence of working towards one of these is desirable but not essential, as long as the personal skills are evident.
In return, RBFRS offer flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance, generous holiday allowance and personal benefits, onsite gym facilities and an excellent pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position click Apply Now.
Please see the link to the Job Profile
Please view our privacy notice via the link below:
Applicant Privacy Statement
The closing date for applications in 5pm on Monday, 10 June 2019.
For further details about the role please contact Alex Brown, Head of Property Capital Projects and Estates at [email protected] to arrange an informal discussion.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.