We carry out free Home Fire Safety Checks to reduce the risk of fires in Berkshire. Home Fire Safety Checks significantly reduce the risk of home fires so it is important that we continue to promote the service and raise awareness of fire safety within the home, especially to higher risk households.
We are currently recruiting volunteers with excellent communication skills to generate Home Fire Safety Check referrals from people over 65 years of age and or people who have support needs.
As a RBFRS Community Fire Safety Volunteer you will:
- Engage with residents within your local community to promote the Safe and Well Service
- Support Fire Crew and Technicians to book Safe and Well Visits
- Liaise with the Volunteer Co-ordinator to order promotional materials
- Attend training relevant to your role
- Attend Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service community events when available
- Good communication skills
- Professional approach to all tasks
- Sensitive to the needs of local residents
Key Role Requirements:
You will receive a uniform, RBFRS ID and training relevant to your role. RBFRS will reimburse reasonable out of pocket expenses.
For further details or to apply for these roles please complete this application form and send it to:
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.