We carry out free Safe and Well visits to reduce the risk of fires in Berkshire. Safe and Well visits significantly reduce the risk of home fires so it is important that we continue to promote the service and raise awareness of fire safety within the home, especially to higher risk households.
We are currently recruiting volunteers with excellent communication skills to generate Safe and Well referrals.
As a RBFRS Community Fire Safety Volunteer you will:
- Engage with residents within your local community to promote the Safe and Well Service
- Support Fire Crew and Technicians by delivering leaflets and helping to book appointments
Attend training relevant to your role
- Attend Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service community events when available
- Have good communication skills
- Maintain the good reputation of RBFRS
- Sensitive to the needs of local residents
Key Role Requirements:
You will receive a uniform, RBFRS ID and training relevant to your role. RBFRS will reimburse reasonable out of pocket expenses.
For further details or to apply for these roles please complete this application form and send it to:
Email: [email protected]
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.