Firefighters across Berkshire attend a number of fires in or around properties over the weekend

Over the weekend, firefighters across Berkshire have responded to a number of fires in or around properties.

Incidents of interest include:

At 5:52pm on Friday 2 June, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a tumble dryer fire in a public house on Church Road, Pangbourne.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Caversham Road, Dee Road and Whitley Wood were sent to the scene.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire.

At 4:27am on Saturday 3 June, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a fire in a kitchen on Stratfield Road, Slough.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Slough and Langley fire stations were sent to the scene.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus went inside the flat and rescued a man and put the fire in the kitchen out using a hose reel and two breathing apparatus.

The man was transferred to the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

At 2:15pm on Saturday 3 June, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a kitchen fire in West Drive, Sonning.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Caversham Road and Wokingham Road were sent to the scene.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus entered the property to find that cooking had been left unattended and used a fan to ventilate the property.

Firefighters took the opportunity to offer the home-owner fire safety advice.

At 8:36pm on Sunday 4 June, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a shed and fence fire on Kennel Ride in Ascot.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Ascot and Bracknell were sent to the scene.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

There are steps that residents can take to ensure that they are protected from a fire in the home.

There is plenty of advice on our website (www.rbfrs.co.uk/your-safety/home/) to help keep residents safe with vital steps to help prevent a fire but, in an emergency always call 999.