Busy weekend for Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service

Fire engine branding.jpg

Over the weekend firefighters across Royal Berkshire responded to a number of incidents. Incidents of note include:

At 7.14pm on Friday, 22 September, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a fire at a house on Chesterton Road in Thatcham.

Two Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newbury Fire Station were sent to the scene.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire had started in the bathroom. Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used one CO2 extinguisher to put out the fire. They then used a fan to ventilate the area. Firefighters were on the scene for around an hour.

 

At 11.56pm on Saturday, 23 September, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a person trapped inside a car following a road traffic collision at Westwood Green, Maidenhead.

A Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Maidenhead were assisted by a crew from Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire and Rescue Service.

Firefighters released a woman from the car and she was then placed in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

 

At 12.22pm on Sunday, 24 September, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a shed fire on Cherry Avenue in Slough.

A Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Langley attended the scene.

Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire and were on the scene for around 15 minutes.

 

At 5.15pm on Sunday, 24 September, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a stable fire on Terrys Lane in Maidenhead.

A Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Maidenhead and Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire and Rescue Service were sent to the scene. .

Firefighters used two hose reels to put out the blaze. Firefighters were on the scene for around an hour and a half.

 

At 5.44pm on Sunday, 24 September, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a fire in an oven at a house on Overdown Road, Reading.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Dee Road and Caversham Road attended the scene.

Upon arrival, firefighters found that the fire in the oven had self-extinguished. Firefighters isolated the gas supply and provided safety advice to the resident.


For more information about how to stay safe in and around the house, please visit our website: www.rbfrs.co.uk.