Salary: £37,336- £42,403 per annum, Grade 5
Hours: Full time – 37 hours per week, possibility of Part Time and Job Share
Location – Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading
Excellent annual leave allowance of 28 days, flexible working, onsite gym, parking facilities and a Local Government Pension Scheme are available.
Other information about our benefits can be found here
A new opportunity has arisen for an Intelligence and Performance Analyst to join the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) team. RBFRS has a reputation for excellence and investment in our employees, offering a diverse and inclusive environment and flexible working hours. This new role will help drive data and evidence based policy and practice across the organisation.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with experience in designing, conducting and communicating complex data analysis in a fast-paced environment. You will have a passion for using evidence to improve public service delivery, and be able to apply your specialist technical skills to a range of challenging questions, from understanding and assessing the risk in our communities to providing data and information to manage performance.
The key focus of this role is:
- Provide expert input and professional insight on available data and analysis for purposes including performance management, forecasting and target setting; resource management and deployment; scenario modelling and the creation and interpretation of maps, charts, diagrams, reports and presentations in line with time critical deadlines.
- Contribute to the production and development of strategic plans relating to community risk management, resource deployment and service improvement and to monitor and report on progress.
- Manage and facilitate internal performance management processes, including for the Strategic Performance Board, ensuring relevant content and format of reports.
- Add value through the analysis and interpretation of performance trends, monitoring compliance and advising on successes or shortfalls.
- Develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, other fire and rescue services and industry experts to maintain an awareness of emergency trends and best practice.
Key role requirements (knowledge, skills and experience):
- Experience in organisational performance management to help support decision making and monitoring of performance.
- Experience in risk analysis and interpretation of complex data and information to support decision making.
- Experience of working across departments and functions in a medium size organisation, cultivating effective relationships based on collaboration, trust and mutual respect.
- Strong performance focus, high professional standards and commitment to improving service delivery.
- Strong, proven numeric and analytical skills with an ability to focus on detail.
- Experience of processing data using Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Experience of using data visualisation or performance management software to summarise and present performance information.
Application and selection process
The successful candidate will demonstrate and promote behaviours in line with the Job Profile/Person Specification and our Behaviour Competency Framework as attached.
The Behavioural Competency Framework allows us to easily identify the behaviours that drive successful performance and enables us to deliver an effective service. The behaviours detailed within the job profile will be assessed throughout the selection process.
If you are interested in applying for this position click Apply Now.
Please see the link to the Job Profile/Person Specification.
Appointment is conditional upon undertaking a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Rechecks will be required in line with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Statement.
For further details about the role or to simply discuss any adaptations or adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process please contact Becca Chapman, Data, Performance and Risk Manager at email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CVs without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 11:59pm on 25 February 2024.
It is anticipated that the assessment/interview process will run week commencing 4 March 2024
Anticipated start date: April 2024
The assessment process will include an interview and a desktop task.
Please note that is your personal responsibility to check whether by applying / accepting this position it would result in any Annual Allowance implications. A breach in the Annual Allowance threshold could result in a Tax charge.
Please view our privacy notice via this link Applicant Privacy Statement.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service values your individuality, your diversity and your dignity. All are welcome here. Inclusion, diversity and equality are principles which guide our decisions and will be visible throughout the Service, and we will continually work to improve in these areas.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture of dignity and trust where everyone feels safe and comfortable to bring their whole self to work.
Simply: The communities we serve are varied and diverse, we should be too.
Applications are welcome for job-share or part time arrangements please enquire on application.
All applications are considered on merit alone. We are a Disability Confident Leader – if you meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview if you choose to opt into the Disability Confident Scheme (formerly known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme).