Over the weekend firefighters from across Berkshire responded to a number of fires in the home.
At 11:28am on Friday 19 May, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports a washing machine was on fire in a house on Fawcett Crescent in Woodley.
Firefighters from Wokingham Road Fire Station were sent to the scene.
The crew found the fire was out on arrival. While the crews didn’t have to take operational action at this incident, they did offer the home-owner fire safety advice.
The next call was received at 12:12pm on Friday 19 May to reports a tumble dryer was on fire in Frobisher, Bracknell.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Wokingham and Ascot were sent to the scene.
Two firefighters in breathing apparatus went in and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, and were on the scene for about 45 minutes.
On Saturday 20 May at 11:49am, Thames Valley Fire Control Service received reports of a fire in a utility room in a house in Taylors Court, Maidenhead.
Crews from Maidenhead and Windsor fire stations were sent to the scene.
Two firefighters in breathing apparatus went in and used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
These incidents provide a timely reminder to take care when in the home. There are steps that residents can take to ensure that they are protected from a fire in the home.
All appliances carry a risk of causing fires, but registering products is one way of reducing your chances of having a fire in the home. This can ensure that if there is a safety recall you can be contacted and a qualified engineer can visit to perform a repair (www.registermyappliance.org.uk).
Good housekeeping can prolong the life of an appliance and reduce the risk of fire (examples can be as simple as not cleaning an oven or filters). We advise that residents switch off appliances at the plug where possible before going to bed or leaving the house for an extended period of time.
There is plenty of advice on our website (www.rbfrs.co.uk/your-safety/safety-at-home/) to help keep residents safe with vital steps to help prevent a fire but, in an emergency always call 999.