Under the Freedom of Information Act, public authorities are required to adopt a Model Publication Scheme drawn up by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This sets out the kind of information which the ICO expects to be available for a public body such as Royal Berkshire Fire Authority (RBFA), as defined in the “Definition Document for Joint Authorities and Boards in Part II of Schedule I of the Freedom of Information Act 2000”.
This information guide details what information authorities are committed to publishing routinely so that the information is readily available to the public quickly and easily, for example via a website.
The ICO would expect this information to be made available unless:
- The information is not held.
- The information is exempt under one of the Freedom of Information (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) exemptions or its release is prohibited under another statute.
- The information is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible.
- It would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release.
The following sections indicate the current availability of RBFA and Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) information made available under this publication scheme.
Who We Are and What We Do
- Who We Are
- Our Organisation
- Contact Information
- Geographical Area of Operation
- General outline of responsibilities
- Relationship with Other Authorities
What We Spend and How We Spend It
- Summary of Revenue Budget Estimates and Capital Expenditure Plans
- Annual Statement of Accounts
- Local Transparency
- Financial Audit Reports
- Staff Pay and Grading Structure
- Expenses paid or incurred by Authority Members and Senior Officers
- Procurement Procedures
- List of Contracts and Value
- Internal Financial Regulation and Delegated Authority
Our Priorities and How We Are Doing
- Strategic Plan, Business Plan, Aims and Objectives
- Reports: Service Provision, Performance Assessments, Operational Assessments
- Reports by External Inspectors
- Joint Strategies
- Statistical Information
How We Make Decisions
- Schedule of Meetings Open to the Public
- Agendas and Approved Minutes of the Authority and Authority Sub-committees
- Background Papers for Meetings Open to the Public
- Facts and Analyses of Facts Used for Decision Making
- Public Consultations
Our Policies and Procedures
- Policy and Procedures for the Conduct of Authority Business
- Policy and Procedures for the Provision of Services
- Policy and Procedures about the Employment of Staff
- Customer Service
- Internal Instructions, Manuals and Guidelines
- Records Management and Personal Data Policies
- Charging Regimes and Policies
Lists and Registers
- Asset Lists and Information Asset Register
- Registers Open to Public Inspection (and Arrangements for Access to Contents)
*Note: the indicated registers above are available for inspection at our premises for information prior to 2016.
If you wish to inspect them please email email@example.com or phone our reception at headquarters
on 0118 945 2888.
Register of Members’ Interests
Register of Gifts and Hospitality
The Services We Offer
- Information About the Provision of the Authority’s Services
- Regulatory Responsibilities and Procedures
- Leaflets and Explanatory Booklets
- Services for which the Authority is entitled to recover a Fee (plus list of fees)
- Media Releases
- Information on Major Incidents