Read through the safety advice if you or someone you know is an oxygen user.
- Read the user instruction manual before operating your medical oxygen equipment
- Make sure your home has working smoke alarms – test the batteries weekly
- Make an emergency escape plan. If you would have difficulty escaping in an emergency, always keep a phone within easy reach
- Never smoke or let someone else smoke near you whilst using your oxygen equipment. This includes the use of e-cigarettes
- Never charge or let anyone charge batteries of e-cigarettes near you or the oxygen source
- Do not use your oxygen equipment near an open flame. Oxygen should be kept at least 3m away from open flames.