Firework displays are loads of fun, but fireworks can be really dangerous if you don’t use them properly. Read our information on how to stay safe.
- Only buy fireworks with a CE mark
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Never go near a firework that has been lit – even if it has gone off, it could still explode
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them
- Light them at arm’s length, using a taper
- Never give sparklers to a child under five
- Stand well back
- Always supervise children around fireworks
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves
- Tell your neighbours if you are planning to let off fireworks and ensure your display is over by the cut off time.
- Be considerate to animals when letting off fireworks – if you plan to let off any fireworks, let your neighbours know in advance so they can care for pets.
For more information on firework safety click visit our safety information pages.