Firework displays are loads of fun, but fireworks can be really dangerous if you don't use them properly. Read our information on how to stay safe.
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Never go near a firework that has been lit – even if it has gone off, it could still explode
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them
- Light them at arm’s length, using a taper
- Never give sparklers to a child under five
- Stand well back
- Always supervise children around fireworks
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves
For more information on firework safety click here.