Fire Authority Structure
Our committee structure was approved by the Fire Authority on 25 April 2016. It has two committees, Management Committee and Audit and Governance which both recommend decisions up to the Fire Authority for approval. Thames Valley Control Service (TVFCS) Joint Committee was established to ensure the efficiency of performance of the joint Control room. Two Members from Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire Authority, Oxfordshire County Council and Royal Berkshire Fire Authority are appointed onto TVFCS Joint Committee on an annual basis. It is an outside body and each representative reports back and seeks approval from their respective Fire Authority on key decisions.
Royal Berkshire Fire Authority elects a Chair and Vice-Chair on an annual basis.
The Fire Authority has appointed Lead Members and Member Champions responsible for:
- Lead Member Budget and Income Generation (Councillor Mike Smith)
- Lead Member Community Risk Management Plan (Councillor Paul Gittings)
- Lead Member Strategic Assets (Councillor Rachelle Shepherd-DuBey)
- Lead Member Collaboration (Councillor Simon Werner)
- Member Champion Community Safety (Councillor Wendy Griffith)
- Member Champion Safety Health, Fitness and Wellbeing (Councillor Owen Jeffery)
- Member Champion Equality Diversity and Inclusion (Councillor Morag Malvern)
- Armed Forces Honorary Champion (Councillor Rachelle Shepherd-DuBey)
In brackets is the name of the Member appointed to the role in 2023/24.
All Lead Members and Member Champions report and update on progress in their areas regularly to the Fire Authority and/or Management Committee.
The full membership of the Fire Authority and its committees are available on our website.
Below is a graphic showing the Fire Authority and associated Committee structure. An alternative text description is available.