Our teams are currently working hard to protect our staff and the wider community from the spread of COVID-19, and continue to follow guidance from the Government and Public Health England.
In line with the Government’s COVID-19 roadmap, all Safe and Well Visit referrals received are being allocated on a risk assessed basis, so that we can prioritise those considered to be at high risk from fire.
A Safe and Well Visit is a free service that we provide to eligible residents. Safe and Well visits are tailored to individual needs, relating to health and wellbeing, as well as fire risk reduction. A Safe and Well visit will take place in the home and can be arranged at a convenient time.
During the visit, we will:
- Ask a series of fire risk assessment questions.
- Check each room of your property to identify any potential hazards.
- Check that you have working smoke alarms on each level of your home and where appropriate, fit free ten-year smoke alarms.
- Provide fire safety advice and show you how to test your smoke alarms.
- Work with you to create an escape plan for you and your family.
- Provide advice, signpost or refer you to our partner agencies that can support you with health or wellbeing needs.
We have to prioritise each Safe and Well visit request received, therefore if you do not qualify for a visit by a representative of Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, you will instead be provided with up to date guidance.
Find out if you or a someone you know qualifies for a free Safe and Well visit.