Safe and Well Visit
A Safe and Well Visit is a free service that we provide to eligible residents. Safe and Well visits are tailored to individual needs, relating to health and wellbeing, as well as fire risk reduction. A Safe and Well visit will take place in the home and can be arranged at a convenient time.
If you arrange a Safe and Well Visit, please be aware that our teams will show you their Service ID cards before entering your home.
During the visit, we will:
- Ask a series of fire risk assessment questions;
- Check each room of your property to identify any potential hazards;
- Check that you have working smoke alarms on each level of your home and where appropriate, fit free ten-year smoke alarms;
- Provide fire safety advice and show you how to test your smoke alarms;
- Work with you to create an escape plan for you and your family;
- Provide advice, signpost or refer you to our partner agencies that can support you with health or wellbeing needs.
We have to prioritise each Safe and Well visit request received, therefore if you do not qualify for a visit by a representative of Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, you will instead be provided with up-to-date guidance.
Find out if you or a someone you know qualifies for a free Safe and Well visit.