Are you a referring agency?
To qualify for this free Safe and Well visit, the resident must answer yes to at least one of the following:
- Aged 60 and over;
- Have limited mobility;
- Be an oxygen user;
- Have a sensory need (hearing and/ or sight);
- Have a hoarded home;
- Confined to the bed;
- Have a learning disability;
- Be living with a mental illness;
- Have Dementia;
- Use Dialysis.
We will also consider the resident for a free Safe and Well Visit if you answer yes to any of the following:
- Have a drug or alcohol dependency;
- Have emollient creams applied to your skin;
- Have mental health needs;
- Are a smoker;
- Are living alone;
- Have no smoke detection or have had a previous fire.
If you would like to request a Safe and Well visit for a resident, please complete the Agency Referral Form below:
If you have any questions about our Safe and Well visit service, please either contact us on:
- Freephone 0800 587 6679 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or use the answerphone available outside of these times
- Email SafeandWell@rbfrs.co.uk
If the individual does not qualify for a free Safe and Well visit, then contact the local fire station for home fire safety advice or use the above email to contact us.
On receipt of this referral RBFRS will attempt to make direct contact with the individual (or joint visit nominee as appropriate). If the form is incomplete, the visit is declined or we cannot make contact with the individual we will pass this information back to the referring agency.
If you experience difficulty completing the referral form, please contact SafeandWell@rbfrs.co.uk.