All vehicles are kept in a state of readiness to deliver an immediate and effective response to residents of Berkshire and beyond.
- The Volvo FL8 fire engines were procured in partnership with Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes and Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, to bring in a fire engine that is standardised between the three services whilst still working with the existing fleet of fire engines.
- Length: 8510mm (including ladder gantry overhang)
- Width: 2460mm (excluding mirrors)
- Height: 3300mm
- Weight: 12,500kg
- Number of Axels: 2
- Mercedes Ategos form the majority of the RBFRS fire engine fleet. Of these, four are specialist 4×4 vehicles based at strategic locations across the county.
- Measurements of the 13-28F model are 8.2m length, 3.25m height with a maximum GVW of 13 tonnes (13,000kg). It is also fitted with a 1,860-litre water tank.
- This is a compact fire engine with a Rosenbauer NH20 fire pump, which has an output of 2,000 litres per minute.
- Measurements are 7.7m length and 2.54m height, with a maximum GVW of 13 tonnes (13,000kg).
- The Dennis Dager fire engines are currently used for the Young Firefighters programme.