At 10.48am on Sunday, 12 November, we were called to reports of a trapped horse in Inkpen, West Berkshire.
A terrified horse was recently rescued by crews after becoming entangled in a fence.
Firefighters from Newbury, Wokingham Road and Caversham Road worked alongside colleagues from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service to release the horse.
The horse was said to have been startled by fireworks, causing him to run through a fence and his hoof got caught. After two hours, crews were able to free the horse and place him into the care of the vet and his owner. We wish the horse all the best in his recovery.
Crews were at the scene for one hour and 46 minutes.
This incident serves as a reminder that firework displays can be frightening both for people and animals. Further information can be found on our website: https://ow.ly/CuGw50Q8gCt