Skip to content

Fire at domestic premises on Wantage Road, Leckhampstead

At 6.38pm on Saturday, 4 March, we were called to reports of a fire at a residential property on Wantage Road, Leckhampstead.

Two Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newbury fire station and a crew from Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service were sent to the scene.

Upon arrival, crews found that a fire had occurred in a bedroom as a result of a lithium-ion battery explosion. This was put out by the resident prior to the arrival of the fire crews. Crews removed the battery from the premises and used a large fan to clear the remaining smoke and gave Immediate Emergency Care to two people for smoke inhalation.

Crews were on scene for approximately one hour and 45 minutes.

Incident Type
Domestic property fire

Newbury, England, United Kingdom