At 7:07pm on Tuesday, 8 August, we received reports of an incident on Friar Street in Reading.
A Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crew from Whitley Wood Fire Station was sent to the scene alongside an Officer.
Upon arrival, crews discovered a subsurface electrical fire using a thermal imaging camera. The affected cables were isolated and firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a gas monitor to check carbon monoxide levels in a property.
Firefighters were on the scene for approximately two hours and 25 minutes.