At 12:13pm on Wednesday, 14 September, we received reports of a fire on Oxford Road in Donnington.
Two Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newbury Fire Station and a crew from Theale Community Fire Station were sent to the scene, alongside two RBFRS Officers.
Upon arrival, crews discovered smoke coming from the basement area of a building and evacuated the premises. Upon further inspection, firefighters determined that the smoke was being drawn in from the kitchen due to a fault with the ventilation system.
Crews were on the scene for 50 minutes and a further fire safety inspection will take place following the incident.