At 1pm on Wednesday, 13 December, we received reports of a fire at a house on Enborne Road, Newbury.
Two Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newbury and a crew from Theale were sent to the scene, together with one Officer.
Upon arrival, crews located a fire in a first floor bedroom. One person received immediate emergency care at the scene and was placed in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued one guinea pig and one dog from the property and extinguished the fire using two hose reels, before ventilating the property.
Crews were on the scene for about one hour and 10 minutes.