About the Awards Ceremony
The next Awards Ceremony will take place on Saturday, 9 September 2023 at Welford Park, near Newbury.
Our Awards Ceremony offers the opportunity to reflect and recognise outstanding public service. The event also celebrates the work we do with our partners, including Thames Valley Police and South Central Ambulance Service. Up to 500 people attend each event.
The event is attended by various dignitaries, including:
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service staff
- External partners who have won an award
- Staff receiving their Long Service and Good Conduct medal (presented by a representative of His Majesty the King) for 20 years’ dedicated public service
- Families of those receiving medals and awards
- Fire Authority Members
- Members of the local community that have supported the Service
The event begins with a drinks reception followed by the formal presentation of the awards and long service medals hosted by the Chief Fire Officer. Attendees then enjoy a buffet meal while celebrating the event with their family and colleagues.