Please note that the following criteria applied to applicants for the 2023 scheme.
Candidates will be considered if:
They are aged 16 or 17 years old.
They live in Berkshire
They are from an ethnic group that is currently under-represented in Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service:
- White: Irish
- White: Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- White: Roma
- White: Other White*
- Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups: White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups: White and Black African
- Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups: White and Asian
- Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups: Any other Mixed or multiple ethnic background
- Asian/Asian British: Indian
- Asian/Asian British: Pakistani
- Asian/Asian British: Bangladeshi
- Asian/Asian British: Chinese
- Asian/Asian British: Any other Asian background
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: African
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: Caribbean
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: Any other Black, Black British, or Caribbean background
- Other Ethnic Group: Arab
- Other Ethnic Group: Any other under-represented or minority ethnic group
* Please note: Other refers to any other White ethnicity outside of the category of White: English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish or British, recorded in RBFRS equality monitoring as ‘White British’, as this is not an under-represented group in Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service. Further data regarding this can be found in the quarterly performance reports on the RBFRS website.