Evaluating our performance
We will review our CRMP, associated risk analysis and our strategic priorities annually to ensure we are delivering on our commitments. In order to achieve this and ensure our interventions are helping to reduce the impact of these risks we will use the following forums to monitor our progress.
- Strategic Leadership Team meeting- we will report progress to the meeting and commission the work required to achieve our CRMP.
- Performance management framework- this framework will create key performance measures that we will report on quarterly to the Fire Authority.
- Strategic Performance Board- will monitor the key performance measures.
- Annual review of risk and annual planning cycle- to see how our priorities are having an impact on the risk.
- Programme Board- will monitor the progress of our individual projects.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group – will ensure that any changes will not adversely affect our staff our the public
- We carry out operational audits of our fire stations, to ensure they are well run and to identify any requirements for support
We will continue to develop our programme of evaluation of projects and interventions to ensure we are confident that these are effective and have the intended impact.
To help us effectively manage community risk we must manage risks that affect our organisation. These are risks that could stop us achieving our objectives. We monitor and manage these risks and have a comprehensive organisational risk management policy, to ensure that organisational objectives can be achieved.
Public assurance is provided by rigorous external audits that is supported by regular reporting of our performance.
His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services
His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) awarded us with ‘Good’ across all three areas of Efficiency, Effectiveness and People. Actions for improvements identified in the findings have been incorporated into our plans and we continue to work to deliver the necessary changes. During the COVID-19 pandemic HMICFRS stated that RBFRS adapted and responded effectively. We were since inspected in 2022 and await the outcome report from HMICFRS.
For more information on the inspection of Fire and Rescue Services, please visit the HMICFRS website.
RBFA Audit and Governance Committee
The RBFA Audit and Governance Committee monitors and receives reports on the performance of Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service and summaries from Internal and External Auditors. It has nine members appointed by the Fire Authority and is politically balanced.