Skip to content

The Broadway chemical smell

At 10:44am on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, we received a report of a chemical smell in an office on The Broadway, Thatcham.

Two Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newbury and two Officers were sent to the scene.

Upon arrival, crews discovered a smell of ammonia that was found to be leaking from a fridge. The fridge was removed outside and the office ventilated. One person received a precautionary medical check and was found to be safe and well.

The crews were on the scene for around 42 minutes.

Incident Type
Chemical smell

The Broadway, Thatcham, England, United Kingdom