Skip to content

Outdoor Fire, Sandhurst

At 6:27pm on Thursday, 25 May, we received reports of a fire in the open on Magdalene Road in Sandhurst.

Crews from Crowthorne and Bracknell Fire Stations were sent to the scene.

Upon arrival, crews found an outdoor fire approximately 50 metres by 50 metres. They used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

While the fire is believed to have been accidental, the summer months with forecasted hot weather can pose a fire risk as more people spend time outdoors.

Outdoor fires destroy large areas of countryside and affect hundreds of farms every year. These incidents often involve large numbers of crews and appliances and put a strain on resources. With the school holidays just starting, we need the public’s help to keep our communities safe. Careful preparation of activities outside and away from the home will go a long way to prevent fires.

What you can do to prevent fires from starting
  • Always have open fires in safe, designated areas. If you see a fire in the countryside, report it immediately by calling 999.
  • Don’t leave bottles or glass in the woodlands. Sunlight shining through glass can start a fire. Take them home or put them in a waste or recycling bin.
  • Don’t attempt to tackle fires that can’t be put out with a bucket of water – leave the area as soon as possible and call the fire service.
  • Never throw cigarette ends out of car windows – they could start a fire.

For further information on how to keep safe this summer, visit:

Incident Type
Fire in the open

Magdalene Road, Owlsmoor, England, United Kingdom