Following the passing of Her Majesty The Queen, many people are paying their respects in Windsor. In the interest of public safety, please read the following guidance from Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) if you intend on travelling to Windsor.
- If you are travelling in and around Windsor, please drive carefully and be vigilant of other road users and pedestrians while the area is busy.
- If you plan to light candles at home as a tribute or at Windsor Castle, please keep them away from flammable materials.
- RBFRS encourage using LED candles or torches as a safe alternative where possible.
- If you are in the area, take care around open water such as the River Thames. Pay attention to your footing, looking out for trip or slip hazards.
- To minimize excess strain on emergency services during this period of high demand, please avoid lighting disposable barbecues or bonfires at this time as they could easily grow out of control.