At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS), we provide a wide range of services help keep communities safe, including providing road and water safety advice to residents.
To support this work we are looking for enthusiastic and confident volunteers to help raise awareness of road and water safety. Successful applicants will do this by supporting us with national and local safety campaigns, helping to present safety information in schools and promoting safety messages at events.
As a RBFRS Community Fire Safety Volunteer you will:
- Present road and water safety information to:
- Young People in a School Setting
- Community Groups
- Local Organisations
- Share safety information and advice at Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service events
- Attend local community events to help promote safety messages
- Attend training relevant to your role
- Have good communication skills
- Maintain the good reputation of RBFRS
This role would suit those who are:
- Good communicators
- Confident in using presentation packages and speaking to small and large groups of people
We will provide you with:
- Full training
- Out of pocket expenses
- Volunteer uniform
How to apply
For further details or to apply for these roles please complete this application form and send it to:
Please view our privacy notice via this link Applicant Privacy Statement
At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, we want you to bring your whole self to work.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are more than just words for us. That’s why we are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels included and respected, and where no one is unfairly discriminated against. All applications are considered on merit alone. We are a Disability Confident Leader – if you meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
Simply: Our community is varied and diverse. Our workforce should be too.
At Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, everyone is welcome.
To find out more on our Equality Diversity and Inclusion pages.