Skip to content

Fire in Slough

At 1:55am on Thursday, 27 June, we received reports of a fire on Moray Drive in Slough.

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Slough and Langley fire stations were sent to the scene.

Upon arrival, crews discovered a fire in terraced home caused by an e-bike’s lithium-ion battery exploding whilst on charge overnight. Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire and provided immediate emergency care to one person at the scene.

Crews were at the scene for approximately 50 minutes.

If you own an e-bike or e-scooter, avoid storing or charging them in your home. Make sure that you charge any batteries whilst you are awake and alert and do not charge them if you are away from home.

Incident Type

Moray Drive, Slough, England, United Kingdom